Jonathan Cutler, Ph.D., President
Jonathan Cutler, the founder and principal owner of The Premier Companies, has been a successful entrepreneur working in real estate for over 25 years.
Mr. Cutler graduated with high honors from Amherst College in 1980, and earned his Ph.D. from The Johns Hopkins University in 1984. He began his real estate career working for a large homebuilder in 1985 where he had responsibilities in land acquisition and asset management, including the repositioning and sale of two large multifamily communities.
From 1986 to 1995 Mr. Cutler was president of The Legend Group, where he was directly responsible for land acquisition, financing, marketing, and management of over 25 subdivisions of new homes. During this period, Mr. Cutler maintained both a Virginia Class “A” contractor’s license and a Maryland contractor’s license. He managed land through engineering and development in both Maryland and Virginia and has built projects in most of the surrounding counties. His company was also hired to provide construction management services for certain lenders during the challenging times of the early 1990s.
Jonathan Cutler first became active in commercial real estate in 1992, the year Premier Management Services was founded. In 1995, he sold his interest in The Legend Group and bought out the other partners in Premier Management in order to further pursue his interests in commercial property management and active investing.
A sampling of some current and prior projects follows:
Representative Active Commercial Properties
(Owner = equity position with control, ** = previously sold):
- Office Building, 142,000 sf, Richmond, VA, Owner/Manager
- Retail and office, 20,000 sf, Washington DC, Owner/Manager
- Industrial, 94,000 sf, Alexandria, VA
- Small Warehouses and Office, Kensington, MD, Manager
- Retail, 3 properties, 30,000 sf, Georgetown, Manager and Investor
- Office Building, 113,000 sf, Fairfax, VA, Owner/Manager**
- Multifamily, 216 units, Richmond, VA, Owner/Manager**
- Government Warehouse, 105,000 sf, Riverdale, MD, Manager
- Women in Military Service Memorial, Arlington Cemetery, 40,000 sf, Manager
- Retail, 25,000 sf, Rockville, MD, Manager
- Shopping Center, 162,000 sf, Richmond, VA, Owner/Manager
- Medical Center, 45,000 sf, College Park, MD, Owner/Manager**
- Religious Facilities, 3 buildings, Washington, DC, Manager
- Multifamily, 120 units, Dover, Delaware, Owner/Manager**
- Medical Centers, 2 buildings, Springfield, VA, Owner/Manager
- Medical Centers, 5 buildings, Richmond, VA, Owner/Manager
- Retail and Industrial, Pompano Beach, Florida, Owner/Manager**
- Shopping Center, Poolesville, MD, Owner/Manager
- Office Building, 45,000 sf, Centreville, VA, Manager
- Office building, Manassas, VA, Owner/Manager
- Flex, Tech and Biotech, 4 properties, Manassas, VA, Owner/Manager
- Office and Retail, Alexandria, VA, Owner/Manager**
- Flex building, Dulles, VA, Owner/Manager
Completed Subdivisions with Ownership and Management
- 54 town houses, Burke, Virginia
- 34 single family homes, Sterling, Virginia
- 23 single family homes, Kensington, Maryland
- 50 single family homes, Bowie, Maryland
- 44 single family homes, Glenn Dale, Maryland
- 26 single family homes, Oakton, Virginia
- 23 single family homes, Clinton, Maryland
- 31 single family homes, Bethesda, Maryland
- 19 single family homes, Silver Spring, Maryland
Other Operating Companies w/ Controlling Interest:
Jefferson Title Corporation – Settlements and Title, 1000 transactions per year – acquired 1994 and sold 2001.
The Cornerstone Companies, Inc. – Architectural Graphics, national accounts, purchased in 1996 and sold in 2004.
SettlementRoom Systems, Inc. – Real Estate Software, 85,000 registered users nationally, founded in 2000, sold in 2007 to Emphasys Software (www.emphasysbrokeroffice.com).