Jonathan Cutler, Ph.D., President
Jonathan Cutler has been a successful entrepreneur working in real estate for 25 years, and currently owns and manages a significant portfolio of commercial real estate.
Mr. Cutler graduated with high honors from Amherst College in 1980, and earned his Ph.D. from The Johns Hopkins University in 1984. He began his real estate career working for a large homebuilder in 1985 where he had responsibilities in land acquisition and asset management, including the repositioning and sale of two large multifamily communities.
From 1986 to 1995 Mr. Cutler was President of The Legend Group, where he was directly responsible for project land acquisition, financing, marketing, and management of over 25 subdivisions of new homes. During this period, Mr. Cutler maintained both a Virginia Class “A” contractor’s license and a Maryland contractor’s license. He managed land through engineering and development in both Maryland and Virginia and has built projects in most of the surrounding counties. His company was also hired to provide construction management services for General Electric Capital Corporation and local financial institutions in the challenging times of the early 1990s.
Jonathan Cutler became active in commercial property management in 1992, the year the Premier Management was founded. In 1995, he sold his interest in The Legend Group and bought out the other partners in Premier Management in order to pursue his interests in commercial real estate and active investing.
A sampling of some current and prior projects follows:
Representative Active Commercial Properties
(Owner = equity position with manager control):
- Office Building, 113,000 sf, Fairfax, VA, Owner/Manager
- Multifamily, 216 units, Richmond, VA, Owner/Manager
- Warehouse, 105,000 sf, GSA, Riverdale, MD, Manager
- Shopping Center, 162,000 sf, Richmond, VA, Owner/Manager
- Medical Center, 45,000 sf, College Park, MD, Owner/Manager
- Multifamily, 120 units, Dover, Delaware, Owner/Manager
- Medical Centers, 2 buildings, Springfield, VA, Owner/Manager
- Medical Centers, 5 buildings, Richmond, VA, Owner/Manager
- Retail and Industrial, Pompano Beach, Florida, Owner/Manager
- Shopping Center, Southbridge, VA, Owner/Manager
- Shopping Center, Poolesville, MD, Owner/Manager
- Office Building, 45,000 sf, Centreville, VA, Manager
- Office building, Manassas, VA, Owner/Manager
- Flex, Tech and Biotech, 4 properties, Manassas, VA, Owner/Manager
- Office and Retail, Alexandria, VA, Owner/Manager
- Flex building, Dulles, VA, Owner/Manager
Completed Subdivisions with Ownership and Management
(Partial List Only):
- 54 town houses, Burke, Virginia
- 34 single family homes, Sterling, Virginia
- 23 single family homes, Kensington, Maryland
- 50 single family homes, Bowie, Maryland
- 44 single family homes, Glenn Dale, Maryland
- 26 single family homes, Oakton, Virginia
- 23 single family homes, Clinton, Maryland
- 31 single family homes, Bethesda, Maryland
- 19 single family homes, Silver Spring, Maryland
Other Operating Companies w/ Controlling Interest:
Jefferson Title Corporation – Settlements and Title, 1000 transactions per year – acquired 1994 and sold 2001.
The Cornerstone Companies, Inc. – Architectural Graphics, national accounts, purchased in 1996 and sold in 2004.
SettlementRoom Systems, Inc. – Real Estate Software, 85,000 registered users nationally, founded in 2000, sold in 2007 (www.settlementroom.com).